Sunday 5 June 2011

DAY 2 - I Am Grateful for....MY NEPHEWS!!!


Accompanied by "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts (as these ARE my wishes for my nephews and family really!)

I just got back from visiting my nephews and my sister (and her boyfriend) and I can honestly say that I'm grateful for having them in my life. When my first nephew Kyle was born almost four years ago (on our birthday!!!! My sister and I are twins) I didn't think I could be connected to a baby that much! I actually was unsure if I would be connected to this kid at all while my sister was going through her pregnancy. Thankfully it was an instant connection and I thank him for opening up my heart again (and the hearts of the rest of my family). I seriously can't get enough of him. He is quite the character and is now talking up a storm, coming out with what I think are some pretty impressive things! Today I was taking pictures of him on the swing and he yelled "Auntie Ivan! I told you to stop taking pictures because you are going to startle us!" Ummm...ok. Where did you learn the word startle??! I hardly even use that word! I can't wait to see what kind of young man he will become. And now with Colin recently arriving into this world there will be double the excitement! He is still at the sleeping, eating, pooping stage so it's not as exciting yet but it will be. Right now it's funny seeing him so intrigued with my sister's couch. That's pretty much what he smiles at these days. I guess I should really be grateful that my sister had sex period! SO thank you!!!! haha...I love being Auntie Ivan!!!!! Keep up the great job raising these kids. I will always be there for all of you XOXOXO and am truly impressed by how good a Mom and Dad you have both been :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha...startle...that is a good one. Sweet post Lianne. Good one. AND they're sure cute.

    ReplyDelete