Accompanied by Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
I have not written in a while, but felt the need to continue the tradition of my year in review so here it goes! :)
I have always loved New Year's Eve. There is magic to this night - the excitement of getting dressed up for a night on the town, time spent with the people you love, the hope and promise of a new year. A restart essentially. Setting new intentions for the upcoming year and looking back on what happened the previous year. It's all so MAGICAL!!!! AHH! Of course we can start anew any time of the year, but there's always a bit more motivation starting on day one of the new year. Throwing out all the chips and chocolate from your pantry into the garbage can with determination. Signing up for that gym membership with fervour. Purging out the old to make room for the new ways of being. I can feel the energy building up as I write this!!!! Of course the key is to set goals that are attainable. Small steps so you are not defeated before you even begin!! That's my lesson for sure. BRING IT ON 2016! I've been waiting patiently for you! er...trying to wait patiently. Er...what does patience mean?
I don't know about anyone else but 2015 seemed to fly by with the fastest speed, and the energy felt quite unsettled at times. The weather was crazy, abuse scandals were uncovered, acts of terrorism and fear were on full display, riots were occurring, mass shootings were happening. Some truly scary stuff. I know these events have been happening for many years, but this year felt like there was more chaos and I know that I was not alone in that feeling. Everything is bubbling to the surface and becoming exposed, which perhaps is what we need - that awareness. It was a STRANGE EFFING YEAR and I'm excited to see what the new year has to bring!!
With that said, there were also some wonderful times and great reminders that good and good people live in this world as well. Here are some highlights of my own year:
HIGHLIGHTS OF 2015:
01) My brother and sister-in-law's wedding in Brazil this past February! Two weeks of gloriousness and my first time in South America!
02) Not keeling over during my 11th year doing the WWF CN Tower Climb.
03) Fires by the lake with my friends watching the moon rise,
and chatting about life.
04) Finally getting to see Mumford and Sons this year with my beautiful friend Andrea!
05) Biking around Niagara-on-the-Lake with my bestie Deana!
06) My adventure to Woodstock, NY to watch Amy Helm & friends kick ass at The Barn with my
amazing friend & photographer Lisa MacIntosh. We staying at an old school house on the
grounds of a very old cemetery. Definitely a bucket list item crossed off.
07) Watching the Jays almost get to the World Series after 20 years!!!
08) Traveling around Ontario with my band Whiskey Epiphany and having a pretty successful year musically.
09) Opening for the Barra MacNeils in Windsor at the Carrousel by the River Festival.
10) The growth of my dog sitting business - love all the furballs I've taken care of this year!
11) Adventures in British Columbia this year - Capilano Bridge, Steveston, White Rock, Victoria!
12) Deciding to pay my debt off once and for all! Woot!
13) Helping stage direct JR Digs Acoustic Christmas Party
14) Volunteering at The Ladybird Soiree
15) Playing a wedding in NY this year!!
16) Cottage weekend with my gal pal Lianne A1!
01) One major realization this year that I actually felt within my core is that life really is precious and short and we need to truly be grateful that we are living. I always knew this in theory, but as I'm getting older and seeing people's lives unfold, or be cut short too soon, I actually FEEL it. Life is here to enjoy and we can do anything we set our minds to, despite the obstacles we may face along the way. It's having that belief within ourselves that we can do it and not allowing that belief to be shaken by anything. The risk and the unknown can be scary but how else do we live our best life if we do not make a move. This is my own lesson to learn.
02) My feelings of being unlovable have come to the forefront this year more prominently - that I have needed to DO rather than BE to feel deserving of love.
03) I might become a spinster with 10 dogs.
04) That it is OK to be still and just wait. Even if that feels completely uncomfortable.
05) That it is OK to be you and you do not have to justify that.
INTENTIONS FOR 2016:
01) Work on getting to truly know myself and eliminate any limiting ways of thinking.
02) Take better care of myself - eat better, exercise, meditate, get outside more, more positive self-talk!
03) Go on some traveling adventures!
04) LIVE PRESENTLY WITH JOY!! - This is always a goal :)
05) Observe rather than react to life - fly high in the sky above all the chaos like the mighty Hawk :)
06) BE OF SERVICE! (check out www.ladybirdanimalsanctuary.com)
07) Release our EP that is already in progress and continue to work towards more growth with our band!
08) WRITE MORE!!
09) Redefine what love means to me and open my heart up.
10) Spend less time on social media - and stop comparing my life to others lives!
11) Worry less :) AND JUST BE!!
I hope that you all have an amazing night tonight and that your own 2016's are filled with adventure, love, happiness, lessons learned, obstacles overcome, realizations made, growth had. I'm sending out love and peace to our world in hopes that we see a less volatile society in the future.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!
Lovely Lianne xoxoxo
|Cottage Weekend with Lianne|
|The Barra MacNeils at Carrousel of Nations|
|Elaine's favourite destination in Brazil|
|At a Beatles bloco during Carnival in Brazil. Flower child. Peace!|
|The very colourful costumes around Brazil in Rio during Carnival|
|Flamenco Beach in Brazil - just hanging around before the party started!|
|Ilha Grande Island in Brazil|
|My bro and I waiting for the plane to take off|
|Christ the Redeemer|
|Fires by the lake with friends|
|Jays game :)|
|Mumford & Sons Concert in Niagara!|
|Riding around Niagara-on-the-Lake with beautiful Deana :)|
|Steveston Village, BC|
|Wedding in Brazil with Bob!|
|And they are MARRIED! AH!|
|White Rock, BC|
|Our very eccentric hotel in Woodstock, NY|
|Woodstock, NY with Lisa!|
|After our climb up the CN Tower!|
|She kicked my ass.|
|Christmas Party in Victoria!!!|
|Caledonia Fair with Whiskey Epiphany|