Wednesday 31 December 2014

Have You Ever - NEW YEAR'S EDITION 2014!!!


Accompanied by "Thanksgiving Eve" by Sally Rogers (original done by Bob Franke). I love the lyrics!

It's so easy to dream of the days gone by
It's a hard thing to think of the times to come
But the grace to accept ev'ry moment as a gift

What can you do with your days but work & hope
Let your dreams bind your work to your play
What can you do with each moment of your life
But love til you've loved it away
Love til you've loved it away

There are sorrows enough for the whole world's end
There are no guarantees but the grave
And the life that I live & the time I have spent
Are a treasure too precious to save

As it was so it is, as it is shall it be
And it shall be while lips that kiss have breath

Many waters indeed only nurture Love's seed
And its flower overshadows the power of death

Hello Everyone!

It's December 31st 2014 - NEW YEAR'S EVE DAY!! and I feel like it's only the first day of 2014!!! How did this happen?? This year has just flown by, and time seems to be zipping by faster and faster. All the more reason to take life by the reigns and live life the way you've always wanted!!

This year has certainly been an eventful one. It has been full of triumphs, challenges, heart break, sadness, tragedies, happiness, reflection! I feel like our world is becoming more and more aware of things and that our lives are shifting rapidly every day.

SOME DEFINING MOMENTS IN MY LIFE THIS YEAR:

1) I experienced a broken heart! And coupled with the ridiculous length of this past winter, it wasn't a fun experience! However, with that said it proved that I was able to connect and open up my heart to someone which is something I hadn't felt in a long while.

2) I went to Winnipeg for the first time and attended a Winnipeg Jets/Toronto Maple Leafs game! What an amazing atmosphere the MTS Centre has! I was also surprised to see so many Leaf fans there. I didn't experience the disgustingly cold weather but I was prepared with my new winter jacket that I sweat in profusely.

2) Played some amazing shows with Whiskey Epiphany! We certainly have been gaining momentum this year and I am looking forward to seeing what happens in 2015. I am truly grateful for all the support we have received over the last few years. Our friends, family and new fans of our music have given us the drive to continue to entertain and make music! Some highlights of this year were playing the Festival of the Sound on Canada Day (their boat cruise), Burlington Sound of Music Street Festival, our Mariposa audition in April where we met a lot of amazing musicians, the Caledonia Fair, opening up for Lauren Mann and The Fairly Odd Folk at 3030 Dundas West in Toronto, our many Moonshine Cafe shows (the July 11th show in particular!), the Project Autism event, and getting a standing ovation at the Winterfolk Festival in February! What a rush this all was! I am proud that I've continued to push myself to overcome the anxiety of performing. Very lucky to be sharing the stage with such awesome band mates!

3) I took the plunge this past summer to pursue my passion, and quit my part-time serving job after four years of toughing it out. I started a part-time dog sitting business called The Doodle Dog Sitter as I love dogs, love being active, and being my own boss! It has seriously been such a joy for me. I didn't think I'd get so attached to all the little pups. They are so full of love! Thank you to all my friends and family who have referred me to their own contacts! I have immense gratitude :) It definitely took a long while to get used to having so much free time on my hands and I couldn't imagine another way to fill it :)

4) My sister got engaged to her long time boyfriend!
5) My nephew Kyle's chemo treatments ended this past March! He is looking more like his old self now which is nice to see. Love the little guy!

6) I received my 10 year award at my full-time job this past December at our Christmas party in Victoria, BC. Crazy how 10 years have passed already! Definitely pretty lucky to be part of this company!

7) Took singing lessons with the great Judith Lander. An amazing person, performer and vocal coach.

8) I went on my first cruise to Cozumel, Mexico! Was fortunate to be selected by my employer to join her on a 4 night cruise aboard the beautiful Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas ship! What an experience that was. We had a day excursion to Tulum, Mexico and I was able to swim in the Caribbean Sea! I also tried my hand at negotiating prices with the locals for some of their beautiful dresses and failed miserably. Apparently I'm pretty transparent.

9) I went to British Columbia in December and was able to take a day trip to Squamish where I soaked up the most amazing scenery!!! I rode on the Sea to Sky Gondola, walked along two gorgeous trails, braved the 100 foot suspension bridge, saw some beautiful bald eagles in Brackendale along the dyke, and made friends with some local artists within their gallery! We talked for an hour and they even checked out our music!! It was a great trip, which also included catching up with some long time friends who I haven't seen in a while, and traveling to Victoria once again for the Christmas party :)

REALIZATIONS FROM 2014:

1) I've really become more aware of how precious life really is and of my mortality. We aren't getting any younger and life is to be lived, not wasted. I've realized that it's not worth caring so much about what others think of you, and not worth being so unkind to your own self! It's a waste of energy and time. LIVE YOUR LIFE and surround yourself with people that build you up not bring you down!!

2) I need to learn to say NO and not feel guilty or feel selfish saying it!

3) LOVE REIGNS ALL!!
4) I have mild sleep apnea. FML!! Oxygen anyone?
5) My ADHD really does affect me daily and I need to get control over that! It's not just about being hyper. Wait...a...minute...dust...is...flying...AROUND...SQUIRREL!!!

6) I don't know what to do with all my free time!! 2015 is all about using my time WISELY! Not about rotting in front of the TV that has received more glorious channels this year! AHH! Love It or List It was my new friend for the last four months.

8) I'm not comfortable with being vulnerable.
9) I love the smell of our mail room at work. It smells like an underground garage!!! *sigh*
10) I love receiving snail mail.


11) Relationships scare me. I'm not sure when this happened but I'm more scared being with someone and them getting bored of me, than being alone - hence why I'll probably be an old spinster dog lady for the rest of my life.

12) I need to get new batteries for my battery operated friends - still. I think this is on my list most years.

13) I may have a bit of social anxiety! I shall defeat it.
14) I HAVE AMAZING FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Thank you for all the support you've given me over the years :) Need to remember to show gratitude more often xoxo

INTENTIONS:

1) TO LIVE WITH LOVE IN MY HEART AND INFUSE IT INTO EVERY ACTION AND DECISION I MAKE!

2) Develop my self-worth and get a hold of my anxiety :)

3) To open myself and my heart up to people despite any potential negative outcome. It's worth the risk and I really do want companionship.

4) To live a more peaceful inner existence. I have to stop getting so riled up over meaningless things and make meditation a more frequent practice in my life! Stress is a killer and not worth keeping in our bodies.

5) To do more for MYSELF and be OK with that.
6) To go on an AWESOME ROAD TRIP!! Jenny Haldane - Lisa MacIntosh - IT'S ON!
7) To date more and try to enjoy that concept haha.

8) To take care of myself better and a develop a more disciplined life. Sleep more. Eat less sugar. Eat more greens! Eliminate dairy, wheat and alcohol! DANCE LIKE NO ONE'S WATCHING! I don't want to face the repercussions of my choices later on in life, especially since I want to live until 120 years old. Booyah!

9) Developing healthy boundaries! Boundaries for me have always been a work in progress and I need to form some healthy ones in 2015 in all aspects of my life.

10) Continue to develop my dog sitting business and the band!
11) To be of service.
12) To use and value my gifts more - writing, painting, etc.
13) To learn to play an instrument!! I have a ukulele, piano, tambourine, and shaker at home that are just itching to be used PROPERLY!

14) To be grateful for where I am at this very moment - LIVE IN THE PRESENT and prepare for the future!

15) Buy a new bedroom set! Or a least a dresser that doesn't fall apart when you open one of the drawers!
16) Surround myself with positivity.
17) Say yes more and no less when it comes to getting out there in the world and experiencing new things. No fear!

18) Need to be more gentle with myself and others. No one is perfect.
19) TO DEVELOP A BUCKET LIST!
20) Develop PATIENCE AND GRATITUDE!!! Patience is a virtue indeed. Have to not bail when things don't happen right away.


I'm going to stop there! I wish everyone a year filled with happiness, love, new adventures, overcoming obstacles and being happy with themselves. I think 2015 will be AWESOME!

An uplifting link to check out - HOW TO LIVE AND LOVE YOUR LIFE!

How to Fall Back in Love With Your Lifehttp://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-fall-back-in-love-with-your-life/

HAPPPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Lovely Lianne xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment