Friday, 11 November 2011


Accompanied by "Happy Happy Joy Joy" by Ren and Stimpy because at the end of this video this is how I feel after a day of cleaning!!!!

I had done this note a while back on my facebook and thought I'd add it to my blog!!! It's the day in the life of a gal with ADHD ( trying to clean on her day off!!!! All in real time. Enjoy.

Oh how exciting! A day off! and what better thing to do then clean my apartment! I am letting you all into my cleaning day - a day full of multi-tasking, excitement, and...that's about it:

9:20 a.m: Woken up by Marla phoning much for sleeping in til 11. Damnit.
10:00 a.m: Finish conversation and try to go to sleep. Am promptly woken up by my dog's "in heat" whimpering outside my door. F Maddie. I better go walk her so she can look for man dogs.

10:01 a.m: Phone call from Ginny. I guess the dog will have to wait. I need to start cleaning soon. Make potential plans for later in the day with Ginny.

10:18 a.m: Mom calls. Blah blah blah.
10:20 a.m: Ok...will walk the dog.
10:21 a.m: Should probably check Facebook first.
10:40 a.m: Ok..time for walk...sorry dog.
11:10 a.m: Back!! Time to get at 'er. Stare into space.
11:15 a.m: Maybe I should add pictures to Facebook first as I need to eliminate ALL potential distractions that will take away from me cleaning. Righto.

11:50 a.m:
Pictures added. Time for breakfast. Can't clean without eating. May faint if I have wonky blood sugar. Can't have that. I live alone.

12:00 p.m: Set! Clean out my front hall drawer of mail. Sift through the mail on my living room floor. Make three piles on the floor. Recycle and two piles of shit I don't know what to to do with. Left on the floor. Will figure it out later. Recycle rest.

12:05 p.m: Sift through CD's for perfect music to clean to...settle on U2 (Joshua Tree) and Audioslave. Excellent.

12:20 p.m: Start cleaning my bedroom...sweep, sweep...move bed. Pet the dog. Move stuff from under my bed. Pet the dog. Get water for dusting. Dust a shelf. Finally realize why my sinuses are bad when I wake up in the morning.

12:43 p.m: Mel calls. We decide to go on Skype because my phone sounds like crap apparently. Tell her I need to clean so I can't be long.

1:22 p.m: Text message Megan saying I can meet at perhaps 4 but am cleaning.
1:23 p.m:
Text message Homer back.

1:24 p.m:
Phone call ends with Mel...oops. Call Ginny to let her know there are now very loose plans to meet tonight as I have decided to clean.

1:30 p.m: Back to cleaning my bedroom. Change the dirty water.
1:43 p.m: Mom calls again to see if I can get my nephew to get dressed. Don't know how I could possibly do that over the phone but proceed to talk in a high-pitched, squeaky voice. No luck. Hang up phone.

1:49 p.m.
Brother calls. Want him to send me an important play list. He didn't do it.
2:00 p.m. Finish dusting my room. Now lunch! Macaroni & Cheese...nutritious. But fast. Have to clean.

2:10 p.m.
Start to chronicle my cleaning day.

2:28 p.m. Done lunch. Back to cleaning. Time to wash the floor! Wow!
2:50 p.m. Done washing the floor. Can't believe how long this cleaning is taking. F.
2:51 p.m: Have to move everything back into my room. Ok. That needs to be done. Mental note. Start cleaning the kitchen.

2:52 p.m: Rinse dishes first. Think I need to drink some water. A little parched. Become depressed at how little food there is in my fridge. Need to grocery shop. Start to make grocery list before I forget.

3:00 p.m: Where's the cap to my water jug? F.

3:10 p.m: Start running water for dishes. Think about how bad this new dish soap smells. Add another new dish soap to my grocery list. Refreshing aromatherapy my ass! I don't smell Ylang Ylang...whatever that is. More like stale water. Maybe my pipes are bad. Need to get ask my landlord.

3:13 p.m: Start washing the dishes. Finally.
3:13 p.m: Start thinking about a realistic time to get together with Megan instead of 4 p.m. Maybe 8 p.m. or tomorrow. Way to ruin our plans cleaning. God.

3:40 p.m:
Finish washing the dishes.
3:41 p.m: Move stuff back into bedroom. Shuffle the mail on the living room floor. Still don't know what to do with them. You are gonna stay riigght there.

3:53 p.m: Marla calls. Thank godddd! Cleaning is tiring. Needed a break.

4:18 p.m:
Dusting again. Sweeping again. Dusting again. Sweeping again. Can't decide what to focus on first so why not interchange them every minute. Sinus headache forming. Should probably do this more often. Walk to the bedroom cause I don't want to do either.

4:42 p.m: Starting to get really frustrated that I can't find anywhere to put my shit. The two piles of mail are back in my drawer. F it.

4:48 p.m: Taking the dog for a walk. Need some fresh air and dust resistant furniture and apartment. My eyeballs feel like marshmallows.

5:12 p.m: Start cleaning the bathroom.
5:13 p.m: Just kidding. Dusting again. Have to finish what I started. Oooh...there's a dog barking. The wind is blowing. What should I make for dinner?

6:06 p.m: Half done bathroom. Decided to call Megan. Talked for an hour and told her I'm still cleaning 6 hours later. I'm gonna eat now. What can I make with half a cucumber and a basil plant? That can feed a whole village somewhere so if they can do it I can too.


10:28 p.m: In true Lianne fashion there is still shit to do...BUT it's ALMOST done. I have a sinus headache fully formed, my eyes are puffy, and I am thankful that I started with my bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment